Background Research Assignment
For this assignment you must have:
- at least 8 sources; two of which are from the online databases and not on Mrs. Marquart's list of links.
- fully completed a Cornell Note sheet for each source.
- answered/researched all of the questions and terms. You have a great understanding of them and how they relate to our topic.
- All of the 'Questions to Answer' and the 'Terms to Research' must be written in some form on the left side of your Cornell Note sheets. They should be answered or discussed in detail on the right side of your notes sheet. You may answer one or write about a term in more than one source.
- You may use other sources than the ones that Mrs. Marquart provided, just make sure that the source is reliable. Unreliable sources include (but are not limited to Wikipedia, Ask.com, Yahoo answers, and any discussion board).
- Remember, Wikipedia is a great place to start, but instead of citing Wikipedia, scroll to the bottom and visit the 'external links' or 'references'.
- This site has great information on how to evaluate websites for reliability: http://evaluatingwebsites.wordpress.com/
Questions to answer:
- Who uses solar ovens and for what purpose?
- What are the important properties of a good solar cooker? What are their purposes?
- Explain what the greenhouse effect is and how it can relate to a solar oven.
- Come up with at least one other question of your own to answer.
Terms to Research:
Try and relate these terms to our project. Do not just look them up in the dictionary!
- Solar Power/Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Heat absorption
- Thermal Energy
- Solar Oven/Cooker
- Parabolic Solar Cooker
- Box Solar Cooker
- Panel Solar Cooker
- Come up with at least one more term that you think will be important for our project.